Here is our 11th activity in our 14 Days of Valentine Activities
You don't need to buy anything for this activity unless you want to use a real deck of cards instead of printing out the ones that I made.
Just click on the picture below and print 4 copies of it (8 pages total) to make a deck. Print them on card stock and laminate to be able to use the over and over!
Aren't they cute? I just love them!
Now for the games:
1) Go Fish
* Each player takes 5 cards. If you have any matches, place them in front of you.
* Start with the youngest player. The youngest player asks the person to their right if they have a card they are looking for. For example, if you have a "3" and need to match it, say "Do you have any 3s?"
* If the person has a "3", they must give it to the person who asked, who then lays down the match in front of them. They're turn ends.
* Then the play goes to the person that was just asked.
* If a player runs out of cards, they draw 5 more from the stack of extra cards.
* The game is over when all of the cards have been matched.
* The winner is the player who has the most matches.
2) War (great math game!)
* Split the deck evenly between all of the players.
* Each player places their top card face up on the table.
* The person who has the highest card wins all of the cards on the table
* Here is the order from lowest to highest
A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q
* If 2 or more players have the same card and it is the highest - that makes for a WAR
* Now you each put 3 cards face down and then 1 card face up. Whoever's face up card is the highest, wins all of the cards!
3) Bible Practice
* Each player chooses a card chooses a card and, depending on the card each player chooses, answers the corresponding question below:
* A - 10 = Name the corresponding book of the Bible (Old or New Testament)
For example = If you choose the "A" card, you would say the 1st book of the Old or New Testament. So you would say either, "Genesis" or "Matthew"
* J = Tell a Bible story about a character who's name starts with "J"
* Q = Tell a Bible story about a King or Queen in the Bible
Other Posts That You May Enjoy:
Valentines for 14 Days - Book List