Fall is here! The weather is cooler and my mind goes to pumpkins. I love pumpkin muffins, pumpkin donuts, and looking at pumpkins. We actually just bought a medium-sized pumpkin that we have as a centerpiece on our table in the kitchen. That's what made me think about this pumpkin book.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. There are also links on this page that if you simply click on them, that will benefit our family with no purchase necessary. Thank you for supporting our blog. **
This is a FREE Printable book that will be great for children as young as 1 through kindergarten or first grade. Obviously, the younger the child, the more parents will need to help. Click on the picture below to print!
Here are some ideas for how you can use this book:
* Find a crayon and/or toy that matches the color in the book.
* Point to each word as you read to your child.
* Have your child draw a line over the word using that color. This way they can use it as a key for coloring in the book.
* Your child can count on their fingers or with toys to the number on the page.
* There is a page at the end of the book with the sight and vocabulary words printed on pumpkins. Have your child color these and practice reading and writing them.
* If your child can read, or is learning to read, they can read the book to you.
* This book is great for cutting practice.
* You can have your child glue the cut pages onto construction paper to make a sturdier book.
These are just a few ways that you can use this book with your children. We would love to hear how you use it with your family. Email us at and let us know!
Do you love this idea? Share it with your friends!
Connect With Us!