Fire Safety Resources
Teaching fire safety to our children is so important. They need to learn about smoke detectors, fire alarms, having an escape plan, what to do if there's a fire, etc. in order to be safe. So I have put together this list of resources for you to go through to find information and materials to use with your children.
* Call your local fire department and ask for a tour. Children are curious about fire fighters and what they do. Take advantage of that and take them to the fire department to learn from a real fire fighter.
* sparky.org - This website has some great resources! There are parent resources & teaching lessons to use. There are materials to print, lessons to teach, games to play, and apps to download.
* safekids.org - This has a smoke detector checklist to print along with a lot of other resources to use.
* fema.gov - Fema has a downloadable activity book along with some other printable brochures.
* redcross.org - The Red Cross has some resources to print out on their website, including a home escape planning sheet and candle safety facts.
As we continue to find more resources for you, we'll add them.
We have even put together a Pinterest board on our Pinterest page because there are so many great ideas on there. Come and follow us at Homeschool 4 Life on Pinterest!
Other Posts That You May Enjoy: