Fruit of the Spirit Game & Book
Character training is so important to do with our children. The best way to do that is to use the Bible. God's Word is the best source to know how to live and how to behave.
One of my favorite parts of the Bible to use for character training is Galatians 5:22-23 where it talks about the fruit of the spirit.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Click on the picture below to print.
I have put together a Memory Game for the Fruit of the Spirit. Simply click on the picture below to print out the pictures to use. Don't forget to print 2 copies for the game. Printing them on card stock paper would probably be best so that when you turn the pictures over you won't see the picture. You can glue them onto pieces of construction paper and laminating as well.
When you are playing with your children, and one of them gets a match, talk with them about how they can show that fruit in their lives. For example, if they match goodness, they could say that they can obey their parents. If they match joy, they can say that they can be content with what they have.
This could turn into a great discussion!
Another activity that you can do is to make a flip book. If you've never made a flip book, here are some simple directions:
1) You will need a stapler and 5 pieces of paper per book. This can be any type of paper: construction paper, white paper, colored paper, etc.
2) Layer the 5 pieces of paper on top of each other leaving a margin at the bottom of about an inch (this doesn’t need to be measured).
3) Fold over both pieces of paper layering the new edges and leaving a margin of about an inch.
4) Staple at the top of your book to hold the papers together.
5) Glue the labels onto each tab. This labels each "page" with a specific Fruit of the Spirit.
6) Have your children write or draw pictures on each tab of how they can show that "fruit" in their own lives.
(affiliate links are used)
Click below to print the tab labels:
Other Posts That You May Enjoy: